install studio question

Eric Hedekar afterthebeep at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 21:59:25 BST 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Tom Poe <tompoe at fngi.net> wrote:

> Cory K. wrote:
> > aYo Binitie wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 6:37 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote

> UbuntuStudio

> >> Perhaps but,UStudio desktop is way prettier as is the UStudio boot
> loader.
> >> Definitely worth the gamble.
> >>

> > No. You don't get it. You can still have the "look" if you follow what I
> > said above. Using the -desktop metapackage pulls things that touch a
> > normal desktop users system that can be a bit odd to remove. I guess as
> > always, use at your own risk.
> >

> > -Cory K.
> >

> Cory:  Point well taken.  I'll minimize adding data files to system in
> case I reinstall, while figuring out stuff.  Thanks, Tom

I notice nobody has cited the Ubuntu Studio Community Documentation on this
subject of migrating from a vanilla install:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/UpgradingFromHardy

It'd probably be good for everyone to start citing these docs more often,
any inconsistencies will be ironed out quicker (both on the docs and on the
mailing lists), furthermore the docs are always in need of regular eyes to
maintain upkeep (they are after all community docs).

-Eric