Ubuntu and laptop w/ external monitor

Eric Hedekar afterthebeep at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 18:18:05 BST 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 5:45 AM, suemac at empire.net <suemac at empire.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have done extensive testing with UBStudio 8.04 on a Dell XPS1530 laptop
> (nvidia) with a monitor plugged into the VGA port.
>
> The test was done with:
>
> - FFADO
> - qjackctl
> - Ardour
> - 2 Audiofire12's
> - Ardour recording 24 channels

I really do have to encourage people to report tests that only utilize
official ubuntu packages.  I know many people don't stick to that on their
system, but tests otherwise really don't help the project in QA at all as we
cannot be sure what the unofficial packages have done to your system.
Thanks for the effort though, it's good to see your interest in sharing your
results - this does help, just try to stick to official packages. :)

-Eric