Audio Recording in Ubuntu Studio: Hints and Tips

Steven Davies-Morris sdavmor at
Mon Sep 8 17:25:39 BST 2008

Luis de Bethencourt wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Steven Davies-Morris
> <sdavmor at> wrote:
>> Brian Berry wrote:
>>> NB: This email and its contents are subject to the Eskom
>>> Holdings Limited EMAIL LEGAL NOTICE which can be viewed at
>>> Hi,
>>> I am the author of a blog related purely to recording and
>>> playing music with Ubuntu Studio and Freeware. The name of the
>>> blog is Brian's Bedroom - please feel free to check it out at
>>> the following address:
>>> Regards, Brian
>> That's terrific, Brian. I shall pop over to check it out today,
>> probably at lunch time.
>> FYI, a recent (August 2008) issue of "Computer Music" (out of the
>>  UK for those that don't read it) had a nice look at Ubuntu
>> Studio on Hardy with very positive comments. --
> Really? I _so_ desire a copy of that. Anybody has it and can scan
> it?
> Luis

I can scan it today. It's a "surface" look, but it is 6 pages long,
and very complimentary about the professional quality and wide range
of apps available on Ubuntu Studio. I think that's something that they
weren't quite expecting (how professional everything is). While it
only scratches the surface in looking at apps, it's still a good
calling card for Ubuntu Studio.

The new issue of CM just came out a couple of days ago. It has a
letter to the editor from an aspiring musician who was so excited
about what he read that he tried Ubuntu Studio, ditched his Windows
setup, and is a convert. I'm going to send them a letter myself this
week applauding them for the coverage, and point them to some
web-links like Brian's Bedroom Blog -- things that might be really
useful and helpful. Plus telling them about this list, of course.
Systems Theory internet music project: <>
on MySpace: <>
on Last FM: <>
get "Codetalkers" *free* at <>
NP: Golden Earring "Moontan"