using Rosengarten, cutting .wave

hollunder at hollunder at
Tue Sep 2 00:56:22 BST 2008

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 01:40:50 +0200
"Christian Masser" <christian_masser at> wrote:

> Hi,
> if you simply want to cut the wave-file into several pieces you can
> use audacity. Just import the file there, select the part you want to
> seperate and do "file"->"export selection".
> greetings from austria
> christian

I can second that, something like Audacity is the easier solution, it's
easier to learn, somewhat better suited for this task and doesn't
require jack.

On the other hand, Rosegarden has a rather good manual and tutorials.
The What you are looking for can be found here:
Note that you'll still need to install/configure/run jack for this to

Here are links to more resources for Rosegarden:

Best regards,