System sounds gone

aYo Binitie ayobinitie at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 19 17:15:50 BST 2008

I've checked all the pulse devices, there does not seem to be anything
obvious to configure - ok I know nothing about it either. I've almost
accepted it as being a fact of life but every so often it gnaws at my mind -
WTF do the system sounds not work. I've wrecked one Ubuntu setup trying to
find answers - I just cannot do that again:). What exactly do I need to do
to pulse audio?