My sistem is hitching

Thomas Fisher thomasfisher at ak.net
Sat Nov 29 01:27:40 GMT 2008

On Friday 28 November 2008 02:06:15 pm simone-www.io-lab.org wrote:
> Every now and then my whole system has a hiccup, mouse pointer would
> stop for a sec, the sound would repeat a buffer or 2 and so.
> I have a Dell D410 and Ubuntu Studio 7.04, i never had this problem with
> Ubuntu Simone
>
> --
> .wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be
> accepted and/or viewed....

  It is only a guess on my part but:

1)  Did you mean 7.04 or 8.04 ? As a general rule, the newer the system the
more hardware resources it needs.
2) A Google on Dell D 410 suggests itś specifications may be:

      The D410 has two user accessible memory slots and you can configure up
      to 2GB of memory.  The memory is not dual channel DDR2, just single
 	channel.  Memory speed of up to 533MHz is supported.

   Thus your machine may be a little memory hungry.
2) Google ( ubuntu codecs  .wmv , .wma ) will inform you on what you need to
do.

 Hope this helps
Tom