mac x pc (was: Audio Production Laptop)

Sergio Bello s.bello at sintechno.it
Wed Nov 26 18:33:23 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-26 at 13:14 -0500, Trevis wrote:
> [SNIP] This leads me to another point...
>

> > On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 8:07 AM, Sergio Bello <s.bello at sintechno.it> wrote:
> >>
> >> I can't speak for other countries, but here in Italy one can have a
> >> refund if he/she won't oem windows installed on the pc.
> >>
> >> The same is not true for macs, i suspect...
> >>
> >> Sergio
> >>

> I believe this is so in the US where AFAIK most manufacturers will
> send a refund if you refuse the EULA upon first startup of the
> computer. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong on that though, I'd
> certainly like to know.

I certainly know it's true in Italy (there was a strong debate about it,
and lots of court sentences), but not much people applies for a refund
(oem licenses are cheap).
I am 99.99% sure in EU it's true, also (EU antitrust showed no fear of
MS in more than one occasion ;).
About US, sorry but I don't know...

As an aside, when I wrote "The same is not true for macs, i suspect..."
it was not my intention to be sarcastic and/or offensive with Karoliina.
I simply think she has some valid and some not so valid point.

I respect Apple's products, also: my complaint with Apple is that - in
my opinion - they took a lot from the open source community but they
didn't return much (CUPS apart, but it was in their interest).

Sergio

--
Sergio Bello - Software Architect

Sintechno S.r.l. [www.sintechno.it]

Via Dante, 188
26100 - Cremona (ITALY)

Phone 0372 22942
Fax 0372 565287
Mobile 329 9499343
EMail s.bello at sintechno.it
those who understand binary, and those who don't...