mac x pc (was: Audio Production Laptop)

Eric Hedekar afterthebeep at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 17:59:14 GMT 2008

Eric The Fireman has come to put out this flamewar!!

I think it's safe to say that Karoliina is typing from her heart rather than
her head when she makes statements like:
<quote>
The internal audio hardware is pretty good, at least on MacOSX side there is
no such thing as latency in the Logic Studio (Logic Pro 8). I have not
tested Ubuntu Studio with it...
</quote>
I'd be quite impressed to hear what type of phantom power or mic preamps the
internal audiocard on a mac gives her, nevermind any actual latency tests;
and since she seems to be the only one touting the 'Mac is great' banner, I
hereby declare this war to be won by the PC supporters (wait aren't mac's
just heavily marketed PCs?).  Anyways, with her constant linking to the mac
site in her original posts and the fact that she recommended a macbook that
doesn't have firewire (as the op was wanting multiple firewire ports), I'm
starting to suspect she has some affilliation with the company - or maybe
she's just been brainwashed.  I realize I'm starting to insult Karoliina so
I'll stop myself and offer a quick aplogy for any innacurate presumptions or
implications I have made in this or any other replies to you.  Anyway, to
summarize, generic PCs win this round - lets stop this pointless battle;
just go buy what you think is worth your money.

-Eric The Fireman