Audio Production Laptop

Joseph Atanacio joesoundguy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 11:19:55 GMT 2008

I was considering exactly this and I chose a refurb macbook.   (Black
one...$1099)
When purchased from apple they are warrantee them as a new box.
FW 800 is not a mandate for 'me'.  FW400 and usb 2.0 get me threw the
day.  That, coupled with 2.4 GHz 2mb Ram and 250 G hd work for me.
Hard drive and ram upgrades will be easy enuf in the future but get me
threw for the next year or so.
Ardour 2.5 SAE now works really well in OSX too.
The apple product is solid.  They charge you for it.
FW800 is the MBpro only so that will bump you up a few $$ but if you
can get by w/ FW400 I'd encourage you to consider the previous
generation Macbook. (refurbished)

Hope this helps.