why would wireless be different between UStudio and U?

Hakan Koseoglu hakan.koseoglu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 18:28:30 GMT 2008

Brody McDonald wrote:
> To all:
>
> I have been using Ubuntu Studio since 8.04, and had to jump through some
> hoops to get my laptop wireless (Broadcom) working. I upgraded to 8.10
> and it still worked, but my audio went out. Finally, I decided to do a
> clean install. When I did that, my audio came back but my wireless went out!
My experience with 8.04 Studio kernels is the same - the wireless modules appear not to be loaded by default. I suspect this is to do with real-time stability.
In my case (Dell Inspiron 9400) if I recall correctly the module is not even in the kernel. Luckily I use wired connection almost all of the time so it doesn't really hurt me. :)

--
Hakan - http://www.hititgunesi.org