Hardy 2.6.24-rt Kernel w/ Intrepid?

Gregory Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Mon Nov 17 04:42:40 GMT 2008

Hello,
	I just backed up all my data, wiped my drive clean and re-installed
Ubuntu Studio 8.10 on my workstation. I would like to use the real-time
kernel, but from looking on the net, it appears as if 8.10 does not have a
working 2.6.27-rt package. I'm wondering if it is possible to use the
2.6.24-rt kernel from the last release? If so where can I find the .deb
files to install it? If not, what are my options for a real time kernel w/
Intrepid? Running without a real time kernel gives me crappy audio
performance, lots of Xruns and makes the system generally unusable for any
serious work. Your assistance is appreciated.