JACK's behavior revealed another problem

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Wed Nov 12 20:01:07 GMT 2008

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:45:24 +0100
Tomas Valusek <tvalusek at seznam.cz> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> excuse me again, but maybe I just miss a "help" button in JACK
> Control Setup Window. I'm used to read available docs before sending
> request to mailing list or contacting tech support.
>
> Maybe I'm just too impatient. Sorry again.
>
> Tomas Valusek

You may or may not get faster answers on IRC (freenode, #ubuntustudio),
but you need some patience there as well.
Asking questions on mailinglists is not a problem.

There are usually few help-buttons (I can't remember any..) and no tech
support in that sense, however there are tutorials, mailinglist
archives, IRC-channels and the likes.
For me it was mostly trial and error as well as talking to guys on IRC
and asking on mailinglists. Everyone goes the same road basically, and
it could certainly be better documented.

Philipp