Future Ubuntu Studio design guideline and Jaunty/+1 idea

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Wed Nov 12 18:10:08 GMT 2008

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:32:22 -0500
"Cory K." <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> So. After careful thought, I've decided that Ubuntu Studio releases
> will keep it's design for 2 releases. While I might add a wallpaper,
> it will stick with the current feel. Bug-fixes will happen as well.
> I've done this with Hardy->Intrepid already, I'm just makin' it
> official from now on. While this will be a bummer to some, I must
> frankly say, they aren't the ones doin' the work. ;)
>
> Ok, now for the Jaunty/+1 idea.
>
> I'm *thinkin'* of droppin' the #009bf9 blue and adopting the mainline
> Ubuntu colors. I'd still use our dark theme, just use orange instead
> of blue. Human icon set. The idea is to just look a *little* more
> Ubuntu. :) Just an idea.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -Cory K.

Depends on how much you use.
I personally like dark themes with neon-like colors, be it blue, green,
orange..
But only if it is used sparsely.
An example would be some openbox theme that uses those colors just for
the fonts in dropdown menus. It looks really cool IMHO and is
still readable.

And that's coming from someone who uses simple bright mix of mostly
glider. I don't have love for the human theme but the backgrounds of
standard ubuntu got better over the years IMHO.

Philipp