Ubuntu Studio and Video Editing

Luis de Bethencourt luisbg at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 3 19:05:42 GMT 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Bruce Wagner <bruce at brucewagner.com> wrote:
> Please forgive the newbie questions.
> I have not even installed Ubuntu Studio yet...
> But I want to use Ubuntu for video editing.
> How does using Ubuntu Studio for video editing.....  compare to just
> using Ubuntu itself...?
> What applications are recommended for video editing.....?

Glad to see you around Bruce :)

In the video editing world the benefit of Ubuntu Studio is mainly that
all major video apps come installed by default. You wont see much
benefit of using the real time kernel. In my taste you will enjoy a
lot more the video apps thanks to the dark theme (but you could have
main Ubuntu with the Ubuntu Studio look for that).

Any video guys that want to add anything?

Simone gave you good recommendations of video apps and when he uses
them in the production line in the other thread.

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá
<luisbg at ubuntu.com>
GPG: B0ED1326