Ubuntu Studio 8.10 Real Time kernel

Aleksi Ikäheimo aleksi.ikaheimo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 14:35:42 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have new intel dual core computer with intel x4500hd display adapter and
only Ubuntu Studio version that i can run with this computer is 8.10 (id
prefer 8.04). I have read that, real time kernel which comes with Ubuntu
Studio 8.10 have problems with dual core configurations and also shutdown
problems. Is this going to get fixed soon?

In meantime can i use standard kernel for working with real time audio apps?
I tested this standard kernel by running jackd "realtime" enabled and it
worked quite well, but i cannot run hydrogen drum machine because of some
sort of memory error.

Aleksi