First impressions - what's JACK?

Tomas Valusek tvalusek at seznam.cz
Sun Nov 2 13:32:34 GMT 2008

Hello,

hollunder at gmx.at napsal(a):
> There are even blind people using linux for audio production, so it's
> possible with some effort. And those magnifiers are really handy, stuff
> tends to be far too small nowadays.

Yes, but I'm somwhere in-between - I prefer to work visually, but my
sight is not good enough to go on without some appearance adjustements.

> Multimediaproduction is the category for ubuntu studio, I think they
> chose this to show that ubuntu and ubuntu studio is mostly the same and
> not a completely different distro.

Maybe it would be helpful to extend its name tu include "studio" string
- you know, I go "Ubuntu Studio", so I searched for "studio" string.
Maybe extending groups name with "(Ubuntu Studio)" would be just good
enough.

Tomas Valusek