bug with mscore

Toby Smithe tsmithe at ubuntu.com
Mon May 19 07:29:38 BST 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Delvaux Bernard
<delvauxbernard at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Are there people among you using the notation editor "MuseScore"?
> It's one of the best WYSIWYG notation editor on Linux to my knowledge...
> I was using it without problem on my Ubuntu studio 8.04, saving my file as
> .msc
> But since there has been some updates or something else (regardinf the
> general system), I cannot open anymore a file that I've saved as .msc
> When I open the .msc file with a text editor, there are many lines looking
> like

> "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
>
> When I manually remove them, I can open again my native file, nice and
> clean...
> I've tried to reinstall mscore (vie Synaptic package manager), but the
> problems remains...
>
> Any suggestions?

As there have been no updates to mscore, I would assume this has to do
with something else. Werner seems to think the problem lies with Qt,
and I did notice there has been a recent backports upload. However,
I'm a bit distanced from the process (with exams), and haven't had a
chance to look into this.