compiling jack

Steve Lindsay stephen.a.lindsay at gmail.com
Fri May 2 04:44:12 BST 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:13 AM, simone www.io-sound.org
<cimo75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hallo
> -jack on Ubuntu doesn t come with MIDI support

This is true, however the vast majority of applications are still
using alsa midi (jack midi is very recent).
What app are you trying to use that requires jack midi?

> -how is it possible that it asks for jack >= 0.50.0 when the latest stable
> release is 1.4.6 ?

To me that looks like you're compiling jack-rack, which is a different
thing from jack. And it looks like jack-rack has a dependency on jack
that can only be met by version >= 0.50.
I'd say make sure you really need to compile jack before you go down
that path, much easier to just use the stuff from the repo's.

Cheers....Steve.