Jack and SB-awe soundcard

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sat Mar 29 02:25:54 GMT 2008

On Friday 28 March 2008, Mike Reynolds wrote:
> One other issue going with creative anything is for recording. Everything
> I've been reading about creative cards is that the latency makes them
> pretty much unusable for recording.

I guess it depends on how high your expectations are.  With my current setup,
every time I reboot, it's a crapshoot whether I'm going to come up with my
emu10k1 or my ice1712 as the card JACK is using.  I once went a month before
I noticed JACK was talking to the emu10k1.  I did eventually notice, and go
ah ha, but they're not exactly light years apart in performance.

Considering the one was about $100 and the other about $15, the SB Live 5.1
Value Edition is really pretty damn good.  It's a pity they have become
unobtanium.
--
D. Michael McIntyre