QT apps not using GTK colors now?

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Fri Mar 28 05:16:20 GMT 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008, Cory K. wrote:
> Well, once its reattached you can do porn. :P

LMAO!!

D. Michael McIntyre Un-Cut

Starring: D. Michael McIntyre, Silicone Jane, Phaque Huterz, Tubit Skank,
Crack Addict #1, Crack Addict #3, Crack Addict #14, Ron Jeremy, Peter North,
Tatas the Bodacious, and That Midget Girl from The Naked Mile
Format: Blu-Ray
Length: 12 hours!
Price:  50 for $5

> No problem. I'll be around.

Lucky for you that American Axle is on strike, and I'm not working.  My job
situation totally sucks. I'm going to run out of money soon, and then I don't
know what I'm going to do.  I'd like to say it's time to quit pissing my life
and my true talent away driving an 18-wheeler, but the last time I went
through all of this, I played every card in the deck, and guess what I wound
up doing to survive?  Right.  Driving the damn 18-wheeler.  It turns out my
true talent is specializing in everything nobody pays you money to do.

"We know you wrote the book on Rosegarden, Mr. McIntyre, but how are you with
Microsoft Flumbuzzle 3000?"

"Does that run on Linux?"

"What is Linux?"

Sigh.

O Shuttleworth, I need rescuing badly.

Uh...

Anyway, sorry to say, I gave it the ol' college try dude, and even risked Mr.
Winky, but I can't figure this out.  I guess you're whining about the way
QJackCtl doesn't look all dark gray like the native stuff.  All I can find is
stuff that makes GTKn apps look more like QT, and not the reverse.  I thought
looking at everything from a GNOME-native perspective might give me some
insight, but no, I have no clue.

A monumental waste of effort and energy, I'm afraid, but I do hope you won't
get all pissy about how nobody is ever willing to help you.

I tried.

BTW, I had a broken window manager again, and no Kubuntu influences this time.
Started with plain Ubuntu, installed "ubuntustudio-*" and when I logged back
in, no window manager was in evidence.  Same problem I have on an unofficial
Kubuntu Studio Gutsty.  Doesn't look like it's related to swapping GNOME out
after all.

All we are is piss in the wind.  --Kanvas
--
D. Michael McIntyre