The Greatest Music Collection

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 24 02:58:05 GMT 2008

D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On Sunday 23 March 2008, Cory K. wrote:
>
>> I think I would cry like a father who lost his kids if I had to part
>> with this.
>>

> Yeah, it kinda makes my story about losing my huge collection of classical
> records seem like a drop in the bucket by comparison.  160,000 records.  Good
> grief.
>
> This has been on the auction block for awhile.  He had a buyer, but the 10%
> down fell through, and he had to go back to square one.  Assuming this is the
> same story I keep hearing on NPR, and surely it has to be.  There can't be
> two gigantic collections of records up for auction.

My DREAM would be to buy it, sell the duplicates, digitize it ALL in a
massive archival server (FLAC of course. :P) and put whatever has fallen
into public domain out there for everyone.

I'm really surprised someone hasn't bought this. Even some record label.
The historical value alone is nuts.

-Cory \m/