Oops, another brick in the wall...

Luis de Bethencourt luisbg at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 10 14:56:34 GMT 2008

Dance music? That name never maked sense... it's like saying "reading
literature". Or like easy listening, most of that stuff is harder for
me to listen to that hard rock.

Anyway, genres are for people that need tags. Every band/musician has
a different sound. It's good or bad. But just because people say it's
this tag you like it isn't going to be good or you have to like it.

Music genre tagging has gone crazy... "electro ambient minimal
techno", "epic hard rock metal", "indie pop oxymorons".

For a tag-free world,

Luis

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 3:34 PM, D. Michael McIntyre
<michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com> wrote:
> On Monday 10 March 2008, Kim Burgess wrote:
>
>  > Dance track? :)
>
>  Kind of, though I wouldn't really call it that, since I don't dance, and so I
>  don't write dance music.
>
>  > One of the best pieces of advice I've been given is that it isn't about the
>  > loudest volume possible, but the loudest perceived volume. If you end up
>  > needing to brick wall it like that in the master the mix still needs some
>  > tweaking.
>
>  I didn't need to.  I just did it by accident because I'm inept, and I suck.
>  Nobody think I got that result on purpose.  I need to go back to the drawing
>  board.
>
>  Toothpaste.  Must avoid toothpaste.  :)
>
>  --
>  D. Michael McIntyre