Ubuntu Studio-Hardy GDM screenshot

raydar raydar at inetnebr.com
Sat Mar 8 18:32:00 GMT 2008

>> Cory K. a ?crit :
>>
>>> Since artists are flaky and Ive gone through about 4 of them trying to
>>> get a GDM made I had to do something simple by myself. Based off a Novel
>>> theme, but pretty well edited, here it is.
>>>
>>> http://mma.users.ubuntustudio.org/Misc/Screenshot-Xnest2.jpg
>>>
>>> Final will be some slight variation of that. If not that exactly. Still
>>> have to sit on it for a bit.
>>>
>>> -Cory K.

Cool--I didn't expect the woodgrain, and I like it a lot; very nice way
of implementing the Ubuntu "brown theme" aesthetic. I'm a big fan of the
tri-color Gutsy background, over the default one, 'cause the tri-color
one's colors aren't sort of washed out by being browned out. (I guess I
must like vividish colors, 'cause I liked the blurred Christamas-lightsy
splash screen best too.) I think this background has a really nice
composition, and the lacquery effect and just enough "pure" color not
look "too" browned-out, whatever that means.