how to install low lattency in ubuntu?

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 14:48:51 BST 2008

Hi,

I was having problems with Freebob and UbuntuStudio on my laptop (on
my desktop works fine) which I solved by adding nohz=off to the
kernel-rt options in /boot/grub/menu.lst file. The problems I had were
that Jack started fine but then I was getting lots of xruns and jack
crashes. I remember having the same kind of problems with the 2.6.24
kernels using Fedora. It seems that it was solved in the 2.6.25. Do
you know if Ubuntu and UbuntuStudio will at some point upgrade the
kernel to 2.6.25?

Cheers,

Hector