Setting Up Jack, Envy24

Carla poppinlockin at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 8 15:38:03 BST 2008

Well I got a little further with your info ...like that I am getting the numbers happening but I keep having to change one of the things as the xrun thing is a problem so I am not there yet.
I think I have decided to install ubuntustudio on my other machine that has ubuntu 7.10 on it but I don't know how to update from a dvd. The other machine has a good soundcard so that would solve a lot.

Dave Ricketzz <boontooz at yahoo.com> wrote: #1 seems like a no-brainer, but...  My installation changes this setting every time I boot.  Since I have a Delta 1010LT, I select ICE1712 (the chipset on the Delta).

 I start Jack, then I open the Envy24 control panel for the soundcard, then I open Ardour.  The audio in and out of Ardour is adjusted on the Envy 24.  There is also a monitor input selector on Envy24.  The cables from the Delta 1010LT aren't fully labeled, near as I can tell.

This information is what I have needed at bare minimum to get the editor working.  As I can get sound in and out, I'm now at the stage where I'm learning to "edit" on Ardour.

http://www.ubustu.com/globe/2007/05/29/how-to-configure-jack-in-ubuntu-studio/