Word Processing

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Fri Jun 6 20:02:43 BST 2008

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 07:32:26 -0500
"Michael Jeter" <michael.damian.jeter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Frogive what may be imprecise language.  I thought Ubuntu Studio was
> just a program.  I did not realize it is another version of the
> operating system.
>
> Music is my central hobby, but my primary vocation is writing text -
> English teacher and Master's student.
>
> Can I do word processing, read and write email, web surf - all the
> things I do now - with Ubuntu Studio?
>
> Michael Jeter

And another answer: Yes, you can do everything you can do with normal
ubuntu. It just has no word processor installed by default.

I heard of cases where the rt-kernel causes problems with stuff
like wifi, and it may need a little more power, but you can simply
install and boot the generic kernel if that is a problem.

Best Regards
	Philipp