creating a gnome session for studio

adam faranda adam.faranda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 02:56:41 BST 2008

I think this is a really interesting idea. I would imagine thatusing a
stripped down GNOME session could free up considerable
resources for synthesis and signal processing. I will add one more thing
to that list; a way to bypass, or even remove pulseaudio from an 8.04
build.
Pulseaudio actually seems like a really cool system for routing sound
over a network, but when I tried to use jack with it I got multiple Xruns
every few
seconds. It may be that there is some other issue that has nothing to do
with pulse,
but I am still wet behind the ears when it comes to linux, and I haven't
even fully
come to terms with the Jack -> Alsa -> Crappy_Intel _Sound_card cascade.
Trying to
trouble shoot a Pulse OR Jack -> Alsa -> Crappy_Intel_sound_card seems
daunting.