avoid jump on cd between tracks

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 29 13:22:02 BST 2008

altern wrote:
> hi
>
> this is kind of OT i guess.

It's on-topic. :)

> I need to master a wave file into several
> tracks on a CD. It is a live recording so there is no gap between the
> tracks but I would like to avoid the jump between tracks to be heard. I
> have tried with Rezound to cut the wave using cues and then recording
> the parts into a CD with K3b, but i still get the gap in some CD and DVD
> players.
>
> So right now i am not sure that this can be done. Does anyone here know
> how to get this right?
>
> many thanks
>
> enrike

I think gcdmaster will do what you need. Included in Ubuntu Studio. :)

"gCDmaster Features:

    * Easy to use graphical interface
    * Multiple project support
    * Playing of Audio CD images
    * Easy dump of CDs to disk
    * CD to CD copy
    * Composition of new Audio CDs from wav files
    * *Graphical insertion of Track Marks (to divide live recordings)*
    * Easy CD-TEXT modification"

-Cory \m/