Need Help.. BAD!

Ray Edester Ray_Edester at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 28 20:47:17 GMT 2008

Hi Robin,

On Monday 28 January 2008 09:11, Robin wrote:
> > On Saturday 26 January 2008 16:37, Robin wrote:

> > > This sounds like gnome might be using old configuration files from
> > > your /home/user/ directory.
> > >
> > > NB! This will remove any settings e.g. backgrounds that you have set
> > > up
> > >
> > > If you log out of X (gnome) hit Ctrl-Alt-F2 keys to get to a console
> > > and login as yourself then enter
> > >
> > > mv .gnome2 .gnome2.old
> > > mv .gconf .gconf.old
> > > mv .gconfd .gconfd.old

OK.  Did that.  'Only effect seems to be I lost my shortcuts on
the "Kicker" line.  I could replace all but Kmail as it must not be
a "stock" item of gnome.  I mv'd them back to originals as they didn't
seem to do anything for me.

I got back in Kmail here from a terminal......

> > > Hit Ctrl-Alt-F7 to get back to login screen
> > >

> > > If the issue persists and you have a .gtkrc file in your home
> > > directory move that out of the way.

No .gtkrc to be found...

tks,

Ray (Where the rubber is hitting the road!)  :-)