Delta 66 and Ubuntustudio 7.10

Franz sirgalad at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 16:22:21 GMT 2008

I'm using ubuntustudio 7.10 with a M-Audio Delta 66. I can hear the
sound, but I'm  unable to configure the inputs. The alsa test input
always give me this:

Failed to construct test pipeline for 'gconfaudiosrc ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! gconfaudiosink profile=chat'

I created the .asoundrc, but nothing. I compiled more time the
alsa-driver, alsa-lib and the alsa-utils, changed the .asoundrc, but the
problem persists.

Starting jack by jackctl, if I set 0 input and 0 playback, all ok, but
if I set 1 playback or 1 input or more, it stop immediately (unable to
load alsa).

Also in Audacity, without jack, I'm unable to record anything.

Somebody can help me, please.