openmusic for ubuntu?

Lord Whorfin whorfingroups at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 23:00:01 GMT 2008

> As far as I see on their site it is possible to compile it on
  > winxp and MacOSX
> .  I do not see possibility to compile n Linux.

  If one can compile it under WinXP, could it then be run under Linux using WINE or other emulation/virtualization software, or is there some incompatibility? If compiled for Mac, would it run under XNU ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xnu ), or could it be compiled *for* XNU? I doubt that the idea of packaging a Windows program that runs under WINE with Ubuntu Studio would be considered a good idea so this suggestion is for individual users. And I know this is running a bit far afield from Ubuntu Studio, but the point is to get the software working under an open source OS, so I'm grasping at straws with my suggestions.

  Whorfin