Ardour vs. Audacity?

William F. Dudley Jr. wfdudley at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 21:48:05 GMT 2008

I use timemachine live recording, any number of channels from 2 to 8.

It has only one control -- record on/off.  This makes it fool proof, which
is important to me when I'm recording a live show.  I found snd
too complicated, and Ardour waaay too complicated for live recording.
Perhaps I'm an idiot, but timemachine does all I need.

Then, later, I use Audacity to mix the multitrack recording I've created
with timemachine down to a stereo mix.

Bill Dudley