audacity and jack

thomas fisher studio1 at commspeed.net
Tue Jan 1 15:19:59 GMT 2008

Thanks Jesus for your post. Can you be more specific on how jack failed? Was a
formal bug submitted upstream? Is your audio demands of a level that needs
more than just a vanilla flavored level? For pushing the Linux audio learning
curve check out the LAU, { Linux Audio Users } list.

http://lad.linuxaudio.org/index.html   LAU, LAD, archives
http://www.linux-magazine.com/issues/2006/67/knowing_jack       a jack .pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JACK_Audio_Connection_Kit     jack WIKI { note
that it can connect with portaudio }
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALSA_%28Linux%29   Advanced Linux Sound
Architecture  WIKI
http://www.portaudio.com/trac/wiki/                            portaudio WIKI
     For the specific " portaudio " problem consider this post to LAU in 2004.
       http://lalists.stanford.edu/lau/2004/12/0463.html
Qjackctl        A GUI that simplifies the JACK daemon management & use.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_music         Computer music WIKI

Hope this helps
Tom