Jack does'nt recognize alsa driver

Martin Hug letter at drumanart.com
Thu Feb 28 21:44:11 GMT 2008

If I type in a terminal aplay -l I get the result:

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC662 Analog [ALC662 Analog]

Subdevices: 1/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC662 Digital [ALC662 Digital]

Subdevices: 1/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

card 1: M1010 [M Audio Delta 1010], device 0: ICE1712 multi [ICE1712
multi]

Subdevices: 0/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

It seams that my sound card, a DELTA 1010 is recognized and ready for
use.

But why I can not adjust any volume in the ALSA mixer nor with Envy24
control. Both programs allow me to change channels and even mute them
but the sliders don't work.

Trying now to configure JACK with the alsa driver the program gives
error messages:

22:32:55.903 Could not connect to JACK server as client. Please check
the messages window for more info.

In JACK the only configuration what doesn't gives errors works is with
the oss driver and using dummy possibility.

Some things works other not........

I'm very pleased for help thks