Petition to save HDDVD

Timothy Crabtree momewrath42 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 03:56:11 GMT 2008

I would enjoy hearing an explanation...

How can prolonging a format war and the added consumer confusion that came
with it be helpful to Linux?

More importantly, I have a BD-ROM drive on my computer, which runs on Ubuntu
Studio 90% of the time.  How would HD-DVD possibly be beneficial to me?  I'm
selfish.  Therefore, I don't much care about formats that I can't use.

Petitions won't save HD-DVD.   Toshiba is just about to give up.   It's
over.

-Tim