Petition to save HDDVD

Dave Rickmers ricketzz at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 14 15:06:28 GMT 2008

Icy EyeG wrote:
> Hi all.
> There's a petition to save HDDVD at
> http://www.youchoose.net/campaign/save_hd_dvd_format
> I sending this here, because I honestly believe that the competition
> between 2 formats can help HD implementation on Linux.
I have an HDDVD player (that they basically used to sweeten the deal on
a 50 inch DLP).  It upconverts SD to HD so well that I don't really care
about buying the higher priced hi-def discs.  Letterbox SD looks good
enough.  I use my DVD player almost exclusively for concerts and music
vids, the sound is much more important to me.