if installed to USB-Flash then card-auto-detection won't work for other machines?

'2+ electriclightheads at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 14:01:28 GMT 2008

did a normal CUI install of HardyAltAlpha4 to an USB-Flash @ ARTiGO(a
machine with VT1708)
i knew that the HD-Audio thang on this machine will bring me extra thangs to do
and yes ALSA worked fine but Jack has PCM not detected problem .. but
this is an another story...

even if could solve this and because i could and changed the set-up
for this machine
then the installed system will only work for my ARTiGO?
the idea of having my ARTiGO storage-less was to have my system that
will work on almost most of the other person's machine ... and that
was why i chose USB-Flash ...
if once installed then lose the auto-detection aspect of Ubuntu is
true ... gee .. i was just a stupid guy ..

was i?

--
'2+
http://micro.ispretty.com