Hassle Free USB Audio Interface

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Mon Feb 4 23:39:02 GMT 2008

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 13:47:27 -0700
"holotone at gmail.com" <holotone at gmail.com> wrote:

> So no one out there knows of a single hassle free USB audio interface?
> Seriously? Is audio production in Linux just a guaranteed headache?

As I already wrote, the edirol ua-25 is hassle free, works out of the
box on ubuntu. If it does not (happened to me
on two live-cd distros) you just need to 'modprobe snd-usb-audio',
which is probably easy to automate. That it doesn't happen on that
distros is probably a design decission, nothing else.

I haven't tested the balanced outs and the 96kHz mode but it's unlikely
to not work I think, since everything else does.

Best Regards
	Philipp