Software sources list

Khashayar Naderehvandi khashayar.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 19:55:21 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Viktor Mastoridis
<viktor at mastoridis.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have made a mess on my UbuntuStudio 64bit Software Sources list by adding
> various sources for various programs. The Synaptic lately gives me the
> "unresolvable dependencies"  error more and more often (ex:  Depends:
> libqt4-assistant (=4.4.0-1ubuntu5~hardy1) but 4.4.3-2 is to be installed).
>
> So I wonder, is there any good, normal or default list of Software Sources
> for UbuntuStudio users out there?

The default list for Ubuntu Studio is the standard Ubuntu repos. My
suggestion is that you take a look under Settings -> Software Sources
-> Third-Party Software in Synaptic, and disable everything that looks
suspicious, and preferably all ppa's as well.

Then, you can take a look at "local packages" under "Origin" to see
what doesn't belong to stock ubuntu.

Your particular problem seems to be related to the KDE 4.2-beta repo.

Good luck,
Khashayar.