cd/dvd-burning very slow

gusage . gusage at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 15 08:14:46 GMT 2008

  Hi, I run ubuntu studio 8.04 on an amd64 and the first time I freshly installed it on my computer it behaved like yours. Apps ran extremely slow.. only opening a terminal could take 1 minute.
  Then, I reinstalled the system and since that second installation everything seems to work normally.
  The only thing that I did differently between first and second fresh installs was that during the first installation (the wrong one) my computer was connected to the internet and during the second it didn't.
  Hope that it helps you.

Gerard.