Sampling, mixing and Dj-ing

Simon Lowen simon at simonloewen.com
Tue Dec 9 14:24:00 GMT 2008

Menu -> Applications  ->  Acceessories,
Temerinal

In the terminal type lame.

e.ge
sloewent at axe:~$ which lame
/usr/bin/lame
sloewent at axe:~$ lame
LAME 32bits version 3.97 (http://www.mp3dev.org/)

usage: lame [options] <infile> [outfile]

    <infile> and/or <outfile> can be "-", which means stdin/stdout.

Try:
     "lame --help"           for general usage information
 or:
     "lame --preset help"    for information on suggested predefined
settings
 or:
     "lame --longhelp"
  or "lame -?"              for a complete options list

If you have not got lame installed then type,

sudo apt-get install lame

Answer y to the questions.

Litus Mayol i Ricart wrote:

> 2008/12/7 <leyoy at free.fr <mailto:leyoy at free.fr>>
>
>     do you have lame installed ?
>     If you run it by a terminal what does it say ?
>

> Don't know how to do it... How I do it?
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Carles Mayol i Ricart
>
> Rocker, socialdemòcrata, independentista, culé, republicà, ubuntaire i
> catòlic
> ~-AMANI→[ser la 6a part d'alguna cosa]

- --
PGP plugin for Microsoft Outlook: http://www.gpg4win.org/
PGP plugin for Thunderbird/Mozilla: http://enigmail.mozdev.org
No legitimate reason to know, no legitimate reason to ask.
In the beginning, things were simple. That's arguably because people
were far more stupid, but let's not split hairs.