-rt kernel for Ubuntu 8.04.1

Christopher Stamper christopherstamper at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 17:38:00 GMT 2008

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Henry W. Peters wrote:
> > I am on dial-up so Ubuntu Studio is, for now, pretty much out the
> > window... (?) But I am trying, by bits & pieces to make useable, audio
> > for Ubuntu Hardy, 8.04.1. A question for me now is, how do I obtain &
> > install the -rt Kernel? & might this work (I have Jack, etc., Ardour &
> > Rosegarden)?
> sudo apt-get install linux-rt

I was stuck with dial-up until recently, so I know how it is...

If you have access to a public computer somewhere, and know what specific
packages you need, you can go to packages.ubuntu.com and download. Then just
bring them back and install.

Depends. are listed below the package, but many of them can be easily
downloaded with dialup.

Good luck!

Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper at gmail.com