[Announcement] Piano Booster 0.5.0 has been released

Louis B. louisjbarman at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 2 21:29:33 GMT 2008

"Gregory Boehnlein wrote:
>> PianoBooster version 0.5.0 has  been released, this is the first ever
>> release of PianoBooster.

> This is AMAZING! I just picked up a Casio Digital Piano for my 6 year old
> who is learning to play Piano and it happens to have MIDI in/outs.

> Thank you sincerely.. this looks like an awesome concept.. It takes the
> basic elements of the popular games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band and
> implements them in truly USEFUL piece of software that can be used to
> educate people how to play a real instrument rather than a 5 button
> controller.

Thanks for your comments, I would be interested to hear how you get on
especaily with the Casio Digital Piano (is it GM compatible?)

> Out of curiosity, is there a way to output accuracy information to "track
> scores" over a period of time for various pieces? I.E. to see the
>  improvement in a student's accuracy over time?

This is on my todo list.

> Also, is there a mode for the software that will allow the player to
> continue on even during a wrong note? In a live performance, if you make a
> mistake, the performance must continue, and there is something to be said
> for learning to play w/ a steady tempo (I contstantly practice w/ a
> Metronome so that I can be accurate to the click track when I record).

The "play along"  mode allows playing with out stopping. I also
considering a "performance mode" which would follow the pianist in a
live situation.

> I cannot wait to get home and check this out tonight.. I'm so excited!!!

Perhaps you could post your comments to the Piano Booster forum.

http://n2.nabble.com/Piano-Booster-f1591936.html

Thanks

L o u i s