PC x Mac

Active Accounts active.accounts at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 14:11:52 GMT 2008

Ok... I've held my tongue on this long enough... :P

I won't reiterate what has already been said, I saw the email come across
about a week ago and it made a solid point. Apple's company strategy resembles
the hunting tactics of leeches. They have taken everything from Open Source,
built their entire company upon it and gave _nothing_ back. Name one
application that Apple has developed and ported over to Linux. Hell, they
haven't even ported iTunes over...

Personally, I don't want to invest into that type of environment... I care
where my money goes and I choose to support business models that promote human
interest instead of degrade it. So, if I can do the same job in Open Source...
consider it done - it may be harder, or it may take a bit more time... and I'm
okay with that because in the end I know that my pocket book did not feed the
beast.

I used to think Apple was better than Microsoft, in terms of business
practices and ethics, and now I can see they are the same... if not worse. I
will have nothing to do with any of them...

*descends from soap box*

Ciao,
Daniel