Ubuntu Studio on eeePC

laurent.bellegarde laurent.bellegarde at free.fr
Fri Aug 22 08:44:34 BST 2008

Gustin Johnson a écrit :

> Sean Edwards wrote:
>
>> Has anyone installed Ubuntu Studio on an Asus or Acer eeePC?
>>

> I have the regular Xubuntu on my eeePC 701 and Acer Aspire One.  They
> work fine.  The problems you will have:
>
> Limited CPU processing power.
> Limited Storage.
> Limited memory.
>
> I find them fine for doing a simple recording to a USB hard drive using
> Audacity.  I would not want to use anything too heavy (ie. softsynths,
> samplers, and real-time effects).
>
> One thing with these devices is to manage your expectations.
Hi,

here in France, there's someone who has done many things with it.

first, he install xbuntu, then add with internet access the audio
package, remove some not used.

the audio sound card build in is not enough good, so he used an usb 2
audio card berhinger, which was working good, and also a midi keyboard
connected by usb 2.

Recordings where gone, at the final, he said it was a good choice, not
expensive.

Laurent