Ubuntu Studio Intrepid look is shaping up

Paul DeShaw pauldeshaw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 22:09:02 BST 2008

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 "Cory K." wrote:

> Ubuntu Studio's Intrepid look is coming along.
>
> Desktop shot only:
> http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2047/earlyscreenshotbt9.png
>
> Not really looking for anything. Just showing interested people.
>
> Big thanx to Conn for the collaboration so far.
>
> -Cory K.

It is pretty indeed.  Can something be done about readability?  Since Gutsy,
I have not been able to see the lines in the  Qjacktl connect window well.
The green one is nearly invisible; I can't see what's connected to what.
That green against gray just doesn't have enough contrast.  Thicker lines,
and a lighter background would help.

Also,  in Firefox, sometimes forms have black text on a black background;
impossible to read.  I have to change desktop themes just to use the
browser.  I have tried tweaking the theme, but haven't figured it out.  I
really enjoy the look of Hardy, and Intrepid is promising, but I would
really like to be able to see what I'm doing.

--Paul