Ubuntu Studio Intrepid look is shaping up.

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Wed Aug 20 15:00:01 BST 2008

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 20:33:44 -0400
"Cory K." <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Inspired12 wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com
> > <mailto:coryisatm at ubuntu.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Ubuntu Studio's Intrepid look is coming along.
> >
> >     Desktop shot only:
> >     http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2047/earlyscreenshotbt9.png
> >
> >     Not really looking for anything. Just showing interested people.
> >
> >     Big thanx to Conn for the collaboration so far.
> >
> >     -Cory K.
> >

> > Love the smoothness of the toolbars, and also big fan of hexagon
> > patterns.
>
> It's something that will get more development but that's the general
> feel and the motif that will also show up in the GDM. (under heavy
> construction)
>
> > I send thanks and props to Conn for the work.
> > Its funny and I can imagine a little frustrating how the visual
> > aspect of an operating system
> > can sometimes overshadow the stuff that really matters at the core.
> > I think people are drawn to eye candy first, and then to the
> > features. So I feel confident that we are well on the way to having
> > another successful release
> > thats some delicious eye candy. \o/
>
> It should end up fine. We're trying to get more help on
> packaging/bug-fixing because it can look nice all day, things can
> always work better. ;)
>
> But yeah. Should be pleasing to look at.
>
> -Cory
>
> PS - Please don't top-post.

Please make a screenshot with a second app in the taskbar, just to see
if inactive window taskbar-things and title bars are readable.
I don't like the rings for minimise/maximise/close, it looks like a bad
osx-copy (without even the colours, therefor bad, but I don't like the
osx-way either).
Else, it doesn't look bad, just wondering how it looks here, at half
(or quarter, depending on how you see it) the size of your screenshot.

Philipp