OT: How to split the ubuntu-studio iso file

simone www.io-sound.org cimo75 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 20:33:53 BST 2008

what about opening the ISO splitting the files in 2 folders, create 2
archives, move them back home, putting them together, create a new iso and
burn a dvd?

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Christopher Stamper <
christopherstamper at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll be using a public Window$ XP SP1 PC, with hardly any privileges.
>
> No fun wget's for me...
>
> :-(
>
> I'm looking around, it seems to be possible. But it needs to be portable,
> (on my flash drive {no privileges}) so it's kinda hard. Maybe impossible. I
> was just hoping someone else had done this.
>

> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> Christopher Stamper wrote:
>> > Well, 8.04 is finally out!
>> >
>> > The problem is, I have dialup. So I need to go to our library and
>> > download it on my 1gb flash drive. But it's too big.
>> >
>> > It there a way to split the iso into smaller chunks, preferably with
>> > an app I can run of of my flash drive? I have two 1gb flash drives,
>> > and a 512mb.
>> >
>> > Thanks, and sorry if it's too OT...
>>
>> For the Users list this is a fine question. Problem is, I don't think
>> you can. Maybe with some rsync or wget magic?
>>
>> -Cory \m/
>>
>> --

> Christopher Stamper
>
> Email: christopherstamper at gmail.com
> Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg
> gTalk: http://tinyurl.com/6e359r
> Skype: cdstamper

.wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be
accepted and/or viewed.