upgrading from 7.10 to 8.04

Luis de Bethencourt luisbg at ubuntu.com
Sat Apr 26 12:49:43 BST 2008

Check the changes in the software you use most and think if they are
worth the risk. Usually they are not if the system is perfect.

The best thing to do is to have 2 partitions for root systems and an
other one for home. That way you can have a stable system for
production and an unstable one to test stuff.

My two cents,
Luis

On 4/26/08, Matthew Polashek <matt at tinysongs.net> wrote:
> thanks!
>

> Matthew Polashek
> matt at tinysongs.net
> 908.642.5770
> www.tinysongs.net
> www.JandMJazz.com
> www.bldband.com
>

> On Apr 26, 2008, at 5:19 AM, Bellegarde Laurent wrote:
> Selon Asmo Koskinen <asmo.koskinen at arkki.info>:
>
> Matthew Polashek kirjoitti:
>
> I have a super stable 7.10 box that I'm considering upgrading to 8.04.
>
> Good idea or bad idea?  I have several things I've built form source on
>
> here.
>
> "If It's Not Broken, Don't Fix It!" - Anonymous
>
> Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.
>
> Hi moving the software to the last release is sometimes not a good idea.
>
> If your 7.10 is excellent, i should said to you, don't change until
> something
> left you.
>
> Laurent

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá