Custom UbuntuStudio-Audio

Daniel Green octoberdan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 18:32:50 BST 2008

> Sounds like an excellent idea!

Thanks :-)

> But I have no idea how you would do it.

Me neither, hehe. I know I can build an image locally, but I don't
know how I'd turn that into something that can be installed without a
bunch of leg work... perhaps I should check out how the LiveCD  of the
boring* ubuntu versions work. hmm... I could download a live cd, mount
the image, chroot into it, and customize... I think I'll give that a
shot. I can use qemu to track my progress.

* ;-)

> (Is compiz included normally?)

I believe so. When I booted Hardy Heron up for the first time I was
shocked to find it installed. At first it was like "Oh, this is kind
of cool" but the novelty soon wore off and I wanted back my system
resources. Oh, and X kept crashing :-/, which I'm not sure was just
because I was using Beta Hardy, or...